What causes an usually low heart rate ?

Low heart rate? Used a pulse ox last night. Ox: 95% Heart rate: 38 bpm, average 65 year old 313 lbs., sleep apnea, copd no meds, no symptoms
Posted Thu, 13 Mar 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Unusually low heart rate Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for posting your query on HealthcareMagic. It is an unusually low heart rate. Low heart rates are usually treated if there are any other symptoms present like dizziness, fainting etc. Mostly you should regularly check it. If it is persistently low and causing problems, then we should attempt to find a cause. The cause can be some medicine or it can be due to damage to heart muscle. It should not be ignored and you should get medical help for it. Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further. Dr Vaishalee