What causes alternating symptoms of chills and hot flashes after sore throat and laryngitis?

I had sore throat and then laryngitis a week ago with a general feeling of malaise . Since then I have had diarrhea for a few days which then subsided however I still have alternating symptoms of extreme chills and then hot flashes. It changes every few minutes. After eating my stomach doesn't feel well. Thus has been going on about a week now. My temperature is 96. Any clue?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Post viral infection symptoms shall subside soon Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Greetings! Welcome to Healthcare-Magic. Presence of symptoms like malaise, hot flushes, abdominal discomfort could be due to post viral persistent symptoms which might last for 2 to 3 weeks. In case of un documented raise in temperature and with out any sore throat, there should not be any reason for concern. Also eating small frequent meals will go easy on your stomach apart from maintaining the nutrition. I would suggest you the following: 1. Warm water saline gargling 3 to 5 times a day 2. Steam Inhalation 3. Keep body warm with woolen clothing 4. Consume plenty of oral fluids to maintain hydration 5. Consumption of multi vitamin tablets and plain vitamin C supplements has shown beneficial effects With the above measures all your post viral symptoms shall be very much relieved. Wish you speedy recovery and great health. Do let me know if you require further information. I would be glad to support you. Take care. Best regards, Dr. T. Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD