What causes altered S A/G ratio?

My LFT test is showing abnormal result. am I am in danger ?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: no, you are not in danger Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Your LFT test report is essentially normal. There is no relevance of mildly elevated levels clinically. So, I am cent percent sure that you are not in danger. Please relax; you do not do anything for this as well. Just ignore your report. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes altered S A/G ratio? 17 minutes later
I was worried about my A/G ratio, I have attached one more report which I took 1 week ago, Please verify and let me know if I need to start any medication Thanks a lot god bless you.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: A/G ratio is normal Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have gone through the entire report. Your A/G ratio is normal at 1.62. I am sorry; I am not seeing the other report that you may have attached. I am only seeing one report here dated 15-Nov-13. I reaffirm that you do not need to start any medication. Hope this helps. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes altered S A/G ratio? 5 minutes later
Please find the attached, I think you are referring the old one Attached (dated 29/01/2014) today
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: I do not see the new one Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am sorry; I am not seeing any new report here dated today. I only see one report that says 'XXXX-55949-LFT (Liver Function Test) - serum.pdf'. Please upload if there are other reports. Regards,
Follow-up: What causes altered S A/G ratio? 52 minutes later
LFT (Liver Function Test) - serum S.Total Bilirubin 0.8 N mg/dl 0.1 - 1.2 DCA S.Direct Bilirubin 0.3 N mg/dl 0.1 - 0.4 DCA S.Indirect Billirubin 0.5 N mg/dl 0.2 - 0.6 Derived S.Total Protein 7.7 N g/dl 6.6 - 8.8 Biuret S.Albumin 5.3 H g/dl 3.5 - 5.2 BCG S.Globulin 2.4 N g/dl 1.8 - 3.4 Derived S.A/G Ratio 2.21 H 1 - 2 NA S.SGOT(AST) 28.9 N U/l M :10 - 37 F :0 - 32 Modified IFCC S.SGPT(ALT) 48.1 H U/l M : 0 - 41 F : 0 - 31 Modified IFCC M:53 - 123 F :42 - 98 S.Alkaline Phosphatase 93.2 N U/l Modified IFCC S.G.G.T 57.3 H U/l 10 - 50 SZAZS This is what it is, I really worried
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing to be worried about Detailed Answer: Hello, I have read both the reports. They are not high to be alarming clinically. The S A/G ratio is altered because of the little lower globulin. This is not significant clinically at all. The values are important or have to be treated only when they run in hundreds. I hope it is clear to you. Hence, you need not worry or take any treatment for the same. Regards,