What causes abnormally small hands and feet?

Question
what would cause a person to have small hands and feet...abnormally small?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Growth and Development in Children

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Abnormally small hands and feet are seen associated with genetic malformations or some syndromes like Rett syndrome, Gottron syndrome, Robinow syndrome, Acrodysostosis, etc. Such a malformation is always present by birth and is not acquired.
Exact diagnosis needs a detailed physical examination and some tests like chromosomal study.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.