What causes abdominal pain when suffering from intestinal tuberculosis?
User rating for this question
I am suffering from intestinal tuberculosis. My diagnosis was by barium xray and mantoux test. doctor's have kept me on r-cinex medication and streptomycin injection. I have been taking them from past 5 days. but there is still abdominal cramps with pain. i am on a liquid and semi solid diet for now.
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: CECT Abdomen is usually diagnostic Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to XXXXXXX I understand your concern. See abdominal tuberculosis is suspected based on clinical features and then ultrasound abdomen is performed which if suggestive , CECT Abdomen is done. In most cases CECT Abdomen confirms the diagnosis. Montoux Test is not a specific test. You may discuss with your doctor regarding getting your CECT Abdomen. Anti tubercular treatment would be initially for 2 months Isoniazid , Rifampicin , Pyrazinamide , Ethambutol and Streptomycin. After 2 months drugs would be decided based on response to treatment. Usually treatment is given for 9-12 months. If you really have abdominal tuberculosis you will start getting reilef within 15 days to 1 month. You may discuss with your doctor regarding my opinion, I am sure he will agree. If you have any further query, you may please ask me.
People also viewed
- Nutritious food for intestinal tuberculosis
- Can male mastrubation cause memory loss
- Sticky loose stool causes and prevention
- Puffy or flat nipples
- Will mensovit plus cause memory loss
- What causes abdominal pain when suffering from intestinal tuberculosis
- Diet for people suffering from intestinal tuberculosis
- Intestinal tuberculosis als tuberculosis
- Help red flesh wound by vagina
- Whats wrong with flecaanaide
- Can losartan cause menstrual problems
- Smooth flat red rash on inner thigh
- Normal, intestinal tuberculosis causes
- Does losartanhctz cause stomach pain
- Spinning roomdizzyhot flashes at night