What causes abdominal pain and continuous sense of urinating all the time ?

This happened 15 years ago I swallowed some sandal wood oil .This trigged some instant reaction of burning and immediate swelling in the abdomen then. Also later that day while exercising I hurt my inner upper left abdomen .After a few days I remember having vomiting and fever from which I got out .But from then till now I have a feeling of swelling in my upper left abdomen with a small pain .What bothers me most is the constant sense to urinate with often the urine coming in drops and not complete .Also I always feel that there is a swelling in the upper left part of the abdomen.
I have taken a sonography and the report diagnosed 3 things :-
Fatty Liver
Post void residual urine with its volume 49 cc.
Gaseous distention of stomach.
Is there any cure? What medicines will benefit me ?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ashwin Bhandari 55 minutes later

The constant sense of urination with incomplete emptying of the bladder and urinating in drops suggests that you might be suffering from:
1) Obstruction at the Bladder outlet or in the urethra
2) Diabetes mellitus (if you are neither been investigated nor diagnosed)
3) Recurrent Urinary tract infection
4) Any other renal abnormality

As your sonography report states of Post void residual urine with volume of 49 cc, it can possibly be obstruction after bladder. You need an evaluation by Urologist who may conduct tests to determine the cause. I believe this can be easily treated during early stages.

Consumption of sandalwood oil 15 yrs ago might have triggered Acute gastritis
which I hope was then treated. It is very difficult for this episode to cause symptoms now but it could be the initial trigger for the gaseous distension of stomach you are now suffering with.

The injury you had in the upper left abdomen is insignificant as your sonography report doesn't state anything relating to this. The pain in your left abdomen might be due to the gastritis or peptic ulcer (ulcer in the stomach). Fatty liver is usually seen in chronic alcoholic or in people consuming high amounts of saturated fatty oil (like Ghee, coconut oil, Dalda etc...) or in persons suffering from any liver abnormality.

I would also advise you to get examined by a Gastroenterologist, as you have gaseous distension of stomach and fatty liver. You might have to undergo an Oesophagogastroscopy (a camera of 3-5mm size would be passed through the oral cavity into the stomach to view the presence of any physical changes).

Meanwhile you can follow these measures:
1) Take antacids like GELUSIL syrup three to four times a day before food.
2) Avoid spicy food.
3) Avoid alcohol and smoking
4) Restrict Fatty foods.
5) Follow physical exercises ( if you have not started on any physical exercises).

Hope this answers your queries. In case of any doubts, I will be available for the follow up.

Wish you a good health.