What causes abdominal and pelvic pain with pulsation after ejaculation?

I have right lower quadrant pain,pelvis abdomen border, , pulsating,intermittent,mild started 1 day ago 10 minutes after a forceful ejaculation ,pain can come on it's own, right now off and on during the day , no pain on palpation ,stress seems to bring it on ( I had a very stressfull week behind me with irritated mildly achy stomach ) I have had frequent urination for a while ,internal medicine doctors repeated lab tests revealed nothing out of normal ,elevated glucose but not diabetic , no other symtoms ,no fever,no coughing...I have a very slight inguinal hernia right side without symptoms I was looking up appendicitis,muscular strain,prostatitis
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Muscular strain is the likely cause Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Of the three possible causes you have mentioned, muscular strain is the most likely cause. If it is appendicitis, the signs & symptoms would include pain starting around umbilicus and later spreading to the right lower abdomen, followed by nausea, vomiting and fever. The right lower quadrant would be tender to touch and lab tests would reveal high white cell count. Since you had none of these, it is unlikely to be appendicitis. Though you have increased frequency of urination, there is no fever with chills which is often a symptom of acute prostatitis. So muscular strain is the likely cause as the onset was after a forceful physical activity.Take painkillers like iburofen for relief. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Follow-up: What causes abdominal and pelvic pain with pulsation after ejaculation? 23 hours later
Hello Dr.Kini Thank you so much for your answer I know specialists have different conclusions due to the limited amount of info available from an internet patient. I asked a urologist at the same time about his opinion -see below. My pain is 99% gone. Could my activity have increased so much intra abdominal pressure that hernia contents got trapped?Should I see dr and ultrasound now that symptoms are gone? Thank you very much "This could be due to Inguinal Hernia. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in lower abdomen since 2 days .You have Rt Inguinal Hernia too. The pain that you have could be due to pulling of contents of the hernial sac ( either bowel or omentum.) In absence of any fever, vomiting and any urinary symptoms there is no possibility of either Appendicitis or Prostatitis. Please consult qualified general surgeon for clinical examination and get Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen done to confirm the diagnosis. In the meanwhile take antispasmodics like Spamo Proxyvon twice daily.You should get relief from pain within a day or two. Further treatment and need for surgery will be decided by surgeon on clinical findings and reports of USG scan . Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr XXXXXXX Urologist very slight hernia found by urologist in the groin area when I coughed on demand with no symptoms so far. Pain located 4-4.5 inches diagonally up above that area and onset was 10 minutes after forceful physical activity like masturbation.Could it be muscular strain ? Thank you It is unlikely to be due to muscular pain. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. The pain that you have is due to pulling of the contents of the sac due to sudden increase in intra abdominal pressure. Hernia itself will not give pain unless the contents of the sac get entrapped .The ultrasound scanning will help to find out the nature of the content. Thanks and regards. Dr XXXXXXX "
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 4 days later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying. There is no need to get an ultrasound scan if there is no pain now. Since it is only a smaller hernia, it is unlikely that the hernial sac contents got trapped. Pain due to hernia occurs if the contents get trapped ( obstructed hernia) or if the blood supply gets compromised ( strangulated hernia). If it is obstructed hernia, the hernial swelling does not reduce and will appear to be bulging and may show signs of intestinal obstruction. There will be intermittent type of pain ( colicky pain). If it is strangulated hernia, the hernial site will be red and painful and it is an emergency. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini