What causes a spot at the corner of the jawbone that is tender to touch?
User rating for this question
Posted Tue, 21 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Tender spot - jaw bone Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic. Is it only tenderness or is there any visible swelling or redness ? Is there any pain over the ear or discharge ? Does she have any dental caries ? You have a feature to upload images of her face by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that . You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'. An infection of gums or teeth or ear can cause swelling of lymph node associated with pain. If there is a sebaceous cyst in the skin if infected can cause tenderness. Bruise is likely if there was blunt trauma like fall or collision or vigorous dental procedure. Even jaw bone cysts can cause tenderness. In this case an xray will help. Hope this helped. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes a spot at the corner of the jawbone that is tender to touch? 1 hour later
Thanks for your helpful reply. There is no pain around ear or jaw joint, no visible redness or lump. Just a small tender spot right on the bone. She has no holes in her bottom teeth and hasn't had any dental treatment. Could tenderness from a bruise last two weeks without visible discolouration? How long should I wait for it to resolve before we go to the doctor? It would not seem right to go for an ex ray if it might just be a little bruise.
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 39 hours later
Brief Answer: How long to wait. Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome back. Usually pain from bruise should subside in one week's time rarely longer. I feel you may wait for one more week and still if it has not resolved go to a doctor for examination and if required an x-ray. Hope this helped. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.
People also viewed
- What cause tender to touch on legs
- Triamcinolone cream on zits
- Is there any adverse effect of masturbation on physical health
- Dry dark spot on toe crease
- What causes tenderness in armpit
- Symptoms of trimovate cream
- Can cipro be taken together with levothyroxine and omeprazole
- Types of vaginal steroid creams
- Tinea versicolor treated with trimovate cream
- Jawbone disease causes
- What causes spotting nausea and tenderness in stomach area
- Need medication for anxiety and increased pulse rate
- What are the possible treatments for stomach cancer
- Cause of tender spots on head
- Is it safe to take different medicines together