What causes a popping or vibration feeling in the chest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I have popping or vibration feeling in chest. I felt a pop by heart then my top of chest vibarted. No pain
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: If there is no associated chest pain and breathing difficulty then this is probably not heart related,but esophagus related thing. Especially in such young people. It sounds like esophageal spasm which can be seen in gastritis,GERD or hiatal hernia. It doest have some serious consequnaces but it can lead to heartburn, stomach pain and abdominal bloating and discomfort. YOu should eat easier food ,avoid coffee,alcohol and spicy food and food that makes you bloated. Also,lose some weight if you are overweight. If this persist,you should do gastroscopy and then certain medicines can be prescribed but it usually improves on dietary changes. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards

Follow-up: What causes a popping or vibration feeling in the chest? 2 minutes later
Thank you for a good answer. Its that i have been consentrating on my chest a bit too much. Its because a few weeks back i felt like my chest beated out of place and after that i got scared but there was no pain or difficulty in breating

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Yes,people usually consider this as a heart issue,but ischemic heart diseases is extremely rare in your age and it would have different manifestation with fatigue,breathing difficulty and sharp pain radiating to left shoulder and arm. You can do chest xrays to rule out heart enlargement and lung diseases,but I still think this is just esophagitis or gastritis and it should pass on dietary changes. All this is always aggravated by stess and smoking so avoid it as much as you can.

Ok thanks

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 30 hours later
Brief Answer: hi Detailed Answer: You re welcome