What causes a cubital lymph node to swell?

what causes a cubital lymph node to swell?
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 2 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
I have gone through the history given here. As you have allergy to most of the substances as evidenced by enlarged nodes and tonsils; even the enlarged nodes in cubital area can be result of allergy. But another reason can be any infection around that area like inflammation or skin infection.

I would suggest you to get biopsy done for lymph nodes. Biopsy helps to diagnose exact condition like infection/lymphoma. As you are describing the consistency as rubbery, I would suggest you to get biopsy done.

Correct the anemia first. You can take hematinic drugs after consulting with doctor, eat beet root/jaggory/spinach which help to raise hemoglobin levels.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: What causes a cubital lymph node to swell? 22 hours later
i never thought to guess that my nodes in my arm might be swelling because of the allergy shots being given in my arms now. is that possible, since its an allergen being introduced into my system in the arm? i did request another appointment with my ENT dr to take another look at my tonsils since they are bigger than when she looked at them last. hopefully she can biopsy them. thank you for your reply. will let you know how it turns out. the appointment isnt til october 15th.

thanks again,

Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 13 hours later

Thanks for writing in.
Go ahead with your decision to visit ENT surgeon and get lymph node biopsied.
Once biopsy is done, picture will be clear.

Feel free to revert back in case of any further doubt.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.