What can cause lump near groin region?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi my 52 yr old husband has a lump near his groin by crease of leg he went to the doctor and he said it wasn't a gland what can this be i am really worried.
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Lymph node enlargement may be due to infection or Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per your symptoms and history it can be lymph node enlargement may be due to infection or chronic disease. Another possibility of swelling arising from soft tissue which can be venous clot or benign swelling. As swelling is not reducing I will advise you to further investigate for the cause of swelling. You may need blood investigation I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling. If its collection or benign mass it can be excised. Till time you can take anti-inflammatory and antibiotic if infection is suspected. Do not worry ,just take required treatment. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.