What can cause delayed periods even after negative pregnancy test?

Hi Doc! I just wanna know on behalf of my frnd's frnd she generally gets her period between 5 to 8th of everymonth but this month she didnt get it till date....n she tested pregnancy couple of times and the result was negative ....just wanna knw wat cud be the possbile reason
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 1 hour later

This is too soon to comment on as to why she has missed her period. The most probable answer is that her periods could be delayed.

Just wait a couple of days longer. Her periods may start. If not get an Urine Pregnancy Test done. It will tell whether she is pregnant or not.

The Urine Pregnancy takes at least two weeks after conception in order for it to be positive. So the earlier test you had done could have indicated false negative.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.