What can cause bruise like pain from arm to chest on my right side?

im a 30 year old male. i have a sore or bruise like pain that usually starts under my left nipple or left shoulder blade. it moves around anywhere from my arm to chest to my right side in all the same places. ive been to the ER 3 times and to my GP 3 times and no one can tell me whats wrong. i go in for a stress test tomorrow but i was already told not to expect much news from that. im getting really scared ekg's have all been normal, as have my blood and urine tests...... is there anything i should be asking to help figure this out!/ this has been going on for a full year now. recently it has been more painful and it has spread around a bit more. i have not been in any kind of physical accident that i can think of
Posted Sat, 18 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not lifethreatening Detailed Answer: Hi After reading your query I understood that there is no life threatening disease per se. I am confident and assure you that a long term pain for one year with all EKG, Blood and urine tests being normal is unlikely related to heart. So I have time to rule out other conditions one by one especially hiatal hernia, oesophageal spasms, gastritis / Pancreatitis. However we need to understand if there is spasmodic oesophagus or Non ulcer dyspepsia. So barium meal xray with abdominal ultrasound might give some results. So ask your doctor about barium meal Xray to test for oesophageal spasm and gastritis. Were you ever put on trial medication with Rabeprazole plus Itopiride? If not that can be an option to check for gut issues. All the best.
Follow-up: What can cause bruise like pain from arm to chest on my right side? 9 hours later
thank you, to answer your question no, i have not been put on any medication other than the lypator for slightly high cholesterol. i just had my stress test done so i am waiting for those results. my next dr. appointment is monday i will be sure to ask about the barium meal and those issues you stated. The pain seems to go away a bit when i get moving around a lot too? but not always. the pain moves around quite a bit, but it normally settles into my back under my shoulder blade and my chest/abdomen in the same areas. as well as my arm (when its in my arm its in my armpit or elbow thanks again for getting back to me
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 days later
Brief Answer: Myalgia is common with Lipitor Detailed Answer: Hi Did you check with the doctor about Myalgia (muscle pain and tenderness) that is common on use of Lipitor? On Monday during your regular appointment you can discuss this. If you only have high cholesterol discuss alternate medication. I generally add Tab CO-Q 10 (20mg) for my patients when I put Lipitor. You can discuss about this as well. This is anti oxidant. All the best. Get back to me for any other support.