What can cause breast to burn, no changes or redness?

Dec 2012

What can cause breast to burn? No changes, not red or anything else.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Inflammation of the breast tissue (mastitis)

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I know that the classic presentation of mastitis is usually pain, swelling, redness etc but mastitis can also present only with pain which could be burn-like sensation. Mastitis is usually caused by bacteria and requires antibiotics combined with antiinflammatory to treat the condition.
If your symptom is not related to bacterial infection, then it is likely a viral infection or allergy or irritation by an unknown chemical or rarely breast cancer.
Breast cancer is often associated to hard lump(s) in breast.
Postmenopausal women sometimes have breast pain, but breast pain is more common in younger, premenopausal women and perimenopausal women.
Menstruation related breast pain is also a possibility to be considered but if your pains are not related to your menses, then it is unlikely a cause.
If this burn-like breast pain persist, please consider seeing a doctor as soon as possible.

Wish you the best
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: What can cause breast to burn, no changes or redness? 4 minutes later
Wow! Thank you for your fast response. Im 23 and this just recently started. And, lately ive been having a rapid heart rate, belching and fever which they think its acid reflux. Maybe thats the burning i feel.

I also feel a little dizzy and my feet feel heavy. I wonder if this all the cause of it.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
if burning is centralized then it must be it

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for updating and it is my pleasure to be able to help.

If the burning sensation is between your breast and not directly on your breast, then it must be acid reflux or gastritis rather than mastitis. Acute gastritis can result to the symptoms you have presented i.e increased heart rate, belching, fever and burning epigastric pain. Infection of your gastric mucosa with Helicobacter pylori bacteria can result to you having those symptoms and this will need to be immediately eradicated.
In the other hand, if you are suffering from mastitis, then you could also have similar symptoms sine it is all related to infection.
You sure might require a course of antibiotics.
Do let me know if your pain is centrally located or on the breast.

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: What can cause breast to burn, no changes or redness? 8 minutes later
Its hard for me to determine if its my breast or chest. My breast doesnt hurt when i touch it. It just feels like burning and its relieved when i belch. But the burning persists. Im sorry if im quite confusing. Its because im confused myself.

However my doctor perscribed me omeprazole-sodum bicarbonate (zegrid otc).

Could a pulling down in the neck also be the sign of acid reflux or gerd. It doesnt hurt to swallow though. Also can be described as a pulled muscle ih my neck like its being pulled down.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Well I think it is acid reflux

Detailed Answer:
How ever, despite you, I think you are suffering from acid reflux or GERD and the medications prescribed should do you some good all together.
If it does not, you will have to see your doctor again for reevaluation.

Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: What can cause breast to burn, no changes or redness? 3 minutes later
Thank you. If need be, ill contact you further.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your welcome

Detailed Answer:
I will be very much delighted.