What can be the reason for vomiting blood after meal and weird sounds in abdomen ?

Question
Hello sir,i also have the similar problem after taking my meal whenever i used to go to sleep after sometime i used to cough and later blood come from my mouth,i feel like some sounds travelling from abdomen to chest and used to vomit blood i have consulted the doctor and also done several test of blood,chest xray,ultrasound of whole abdomen.test for tb,liver panel test,platelet count,complete blood count but eveything was negative so what should i do i still have the problem so please guide me..
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in GERD

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 57 minutes later

You seem to have symptoms typical of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). It is a part of ACID PEPTIC DISEASE spectrum. You may have acidity, belching, heaviness in stomach area, sour taste in mouth and very rarely vomiting of blood. Vomiting of blood is because of bursting of blood vessels in stomach.

The most important test you have missed out is GASTR0SCOPY or Upper GI Endoscopy.

In GERD, you may take take a combination PROTON PUMP INHIBITOR with a pro-kinetic. Also take a B-COMPLEX tablet after lunch and plain FOLIC ACID after dinner. Your doctor will know all about these.

Eat less oily, spicy food.
Do not drink water for 1.5 hours after major meals.
Do not lie down for 1.5 hours after major meals.
Eat food at regular timings.

Hope it helps. I am available for follow up queries.

Follow-up: What can be the reason for vomiting blood after meal and weird sounds in abdomen ? 1 hour later
is there any other procedure rather than GASTR0SCOPY or Upper GI Endoscopy.

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 4 hours later

Thanks for your follow up.

Barium swallow or Barium meal studies can help . But the Endoscopy is Gold standard as it shows live images of the insides of the esophagus and stomach.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: What can be the reason for vomiting blood after meal and weird sounds in abdomen ? 23 hours later
Sir is there any risk of doing the Endoscopy because i am scared of it....

Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 38 minutes later

Thanks for writing back

No, there is absolutely no risk involved as General anesthesia is not needed. Only some local anesthesia by spray is needed.

A device about size of a pen is introduced from your mouth. A simple procedure, so do not worry.

Best of luck.