What can be taken for infertility after having a child?

My wife is african, 32 years, one child 9 years. Now she has become infertile. I have checked my sperms and it´s OK. She gets vaginal discharge easy when she drink milk. What do you suggest?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 13 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

A woman becomes infertile after menopause and till she is ovulating regularly chances of conception are always possible.

Some uterine or ovarian abnormalities as cysts,PID,endometriosis can cause problems in conceiving and if treated appropriately pregnancy can occur.

Since she has already delivered one child I do not feel that there should be any problem in second one.Sometimes woman have hormonal derangements or due to stress,any emotional cause which can cause her abstaining from having intercourse.

Regarding the vaginal discharge it is a normal phenemonon which helps in cleaning the vagina.

It has no relation with the food intake/milk.The discharge is increased during pregnancy,stress,excitement etc.

If the diacharge is associated with any foul smell and changes in colour as yellow/green then it is indicative of infection which is totally curable.

If she is not able to conceive even after having regular intercourse consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation and investigations as Hormonal Work Up and USG scan.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query.