What can be done to get relief from numbness and tingling as a result of a lower brain stem stroke?

Nov 2013

What can I do to get pain relief from numbness and tingling as a result of a lower brain stem stroke?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 52 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

For relief of tingling due to stroke (post stroke neuropathic pain), various drugs are useful, which include pregabalin, gabapentin and duloxetine. You could use either of these after consulting your doctor.

Numbness would improve on its own in a few weeks.

I hope you are using aspirin and statins for prevention of recurrent stroke, in addition to BP medications.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist