What can be done for large red blood cells?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
My question What can I do about large re blood cells I do drink wine about 2glassrs a day,
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for the query.
Wine may be helpful but you should eat iron and vitamin XXXXXXX food. Some home remedies for improving red blood count are: Blackstrap molasses,dry cereal,Beef liver,Beets,Spinach,broccoli, pecans, walnuts, pistachios, roasted almonds, roasted cashews, or sunflower seeds.

If you want, you can find iron, B12 and supplements in form of tablets.
If there is significant anemia then you might need intraveous iron therapy or transfusional therapy and this should be treated in consultation with your doctor.
Usually women in your age have slight decreased red cells or hemoglobin,but it wont cause some significant symptoms until hemoglobin is lower than 10dg/ml.
Wish you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards