What can be done for a 9 year girl's vagina that hurts while swimming ?

General Surgeon
My 9 year old daughter's vagina ("outside and inside the hole" according to her) hurts after she's been swimming for awhile. I'm assuming that this is chlorine-related. Is there anything we can do to help offset this? We've tried applying Vaseline to the area but it only helps until it wears off. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 14 minutes later

A nine years old girl getting hurt after swimming for a while in her vagina .

As generally chlorine level is swimming pools water is slightly on higher side ,but it hurts only if there is some inflammation or raw area in the vagina .

So simple Vaseline may not work .

It is better if after proper examination, some cream is applied as per requirement following proper diagnosis.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries,