What can be done about cracks on the tongue and itchy burning black spots on the lips?

I have cracks on my tongue as well as black spots my lips.They are also spotted itching an at times burning.I can also feel my throat is very dry and as if there is a lump below my jaws are hurting.i take nephedepine 20mg and coreg 6.25 twice daily for high blood pressure
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

The cracks , the black spots over the lips and the throat discomfort which may be due to mucosal ulcerations occurring in you could probably be due to two causes as mentioned below :

1) Deficiency of vitamins , specially water soluble vitamins like Vit B and Vit C.

2)As a long term side-effect of Nifedipine ( nephedepine) you are on.

I would advice you to take any of the good over the counter Multivitamin supplements and gargle with Chlorhexidine solution ( to prevent infections in the cracks you have) twice daily after food . This will take care of any kind of vitamin deficiency.

Also I would ask you to discuss with your doctor about the same and get your nifedepine revised.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.