What can I use for quick hair growth?

Excellent

Oncologist
Question
Hi doctor, I have a Huge problem. I've been getting laser hair removal on my face for sometime but last week the technician accidentally zapped off a dime size chunk of my hair on my hair. I so depressed. There is absolutely no hair in that area. Will my hair grow back? If so how long will it take ? And what can I use to speed up my hair growth? Thank you in advance
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Considwrations Detailed Answer: Hello and thank you for submitting your question. Laser hair removal requires several sessions to permanently remove hair. As such, there is a nearly a zero percent chance that the hair will not grow back in this particular area since it's the first time it XXXXXXX subjected to the laser. Make sure to eat a healthy diet with good hydration, consider a multivitamin, keep the area moisturized & clean and out of direct sunlight for the time being. I am confident your hair will grow back quite soon. I hope this helps to put your mind at ease after this accident. Thank you again for submitting your question. Take care, Dr G

Follow-up: What can I use for quick hair growth? 7 hours later
Thank you very much. Can i use minoxidil in that area to speed up the growth?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Hello again. Minoxidil is effective in individuals who experience baldness because of hormonal influences (also called androgenic allopecia). I would not recommend using this at the time being. Take care, Dr G

Follow-up: What can I use for quick hair growth? 33 minutes later
Ok. I started using it... So i should stop?

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: Hi again, Using the minoxidil specifically in the area will not cause harm, however it is unlikely to produce a significantly different result compared to letting the hair regrow on its own. Since you have already purchased the product, carefully apply it to the area according to the directions & in the quantity reccomended. Also, make sure to follow the recommendations previously suggested regarding good nutrition and avoiding sunlight to the area. Be well, Dr G

Follow-up: What can I use for quick hair growth? 2 hours later
Thank you

Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 13 hours later
Brief Answer: Follow up Detailed Answer: You are very welcome. I'm sure your hair will be growing back in no time & I'm sorry you have to go through this situation at the time being. Take care & be well, Dr. G