Ask a Urologist   »  

What can I do for vaginal and pelvic soreness?

I have been experiencing vaginal and pelvic soreness as well as pain during urination for about 7 hours now. I used to get similar pain somewhat frequently but it would go away within 5 hours or so. It seems like the symptoms of a UTI but I have had similar pain that I thought could be a UTI that went away much faster before.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later

These symptoms could be either a UTI or even a vaginal infection.
Both could exist together also.
You will need a course of antibiotics.Before that you will need a urine examination and a pelvic ultrasound to rule out infection and renal pathology.Drink at least 3-4lit of water a day.Start a urinary alkaliniser also.
You should see a doctor for these tests as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.