What can I do for the ankle and knee pain I developed due to dancing ?

I was training for a shufffel dance style but I start to have a sever pain in my ankels. Howver, one of my legs has healed 80% but still the pain is increasing in the second one (( the pain has started in this leg at first)). I already used hot water, bandage and pain killer and Iboprofen but nothing happen. The pain know has reached my knee and I have adifficult time standing and sitting in the floor. And I could not stand more than two minuts because the pain will increase. And I strart to have Podismus if I walk for few seconds.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later

What you have developed is ankle and knee sprain. Its likely that you have sprained some of the ligaments associated with knee and ankle joint. This is mainly due to your dance practice.

The best and most important treatment for your is to take rest for about 3 - 4 weeks without any further exertion of the knee and ankle.

It will usually take some time for the pain and discomfort to get relieved.

You can continue to take analgesics as and when required.

Do consult your orthopaedician at the earliest for an examination. Prescription antiinflammatory drugs will be more effective than over the counter pain killers.

In the mean time, there are topical anti inflammatory preparations available as both ointments and sprays which can be uses.

Hope this answers your query. Please get back if you need any further information

Dr Kiran