What can I do after swallowing a broken piece of the ceramic blade?
User rating for this question
I was opening a can of soup and used a ceramic knife to pry the lid back. I ate the soup and afterwards saw that the knife I had used was chipped on the blade. I am very worried that I may have ingested the broken piece of the ceramic blade. What should I do?
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. A very small piece of the broken bade if it has been ingested is not possible to be removed unless it is stuck in the throat. most of the times such small foreign bodies do pass out along with the stool in 2-3 days. It is not likely to cause any symptoms apart from the anxiety that you are having. In case you have any sudden sharp pain in the abdomen which is persistent for more than 3-4 hours then do attend an ER for an evaluation otherwise do not worry. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal