What are the withdrawal symptoms of Krimson 35 ?

If i have been consuming Krimson 35 to cure PCOS and i stop its consumption .. what are the probable effects?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 56 minutes later
Hello Prarthna,

Krimson 35 is a safe medication and helps to regularize the periods in case of conditions like Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease. It is a medications containing - Cyproterone Acetate and
Ethinyloestradiol .

This combination medication helps to reverse the androgen like effects seen in Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease as well as inhibit ovulation and act as a contraceptive.

List of the important side effects of Krimson 35 when used as treatment for Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease:

- Headache, Nausea, Gastrointestinal upset, Vomiting.
- Mood changes, depression.
- Decrease in sexual ability, desire, drive, or performance.
- Swelling of the breasts or breast soreness.
- Unexpected or excess milk flow from breasts.
- Skin pigmentation (Chloasma).

In case you have stopped the treatment and you want to know what would be the effects of stopping the treatment - here are a few possibilities.

1. Recurrence of menstrual irregularities and bleeding.
2. Persistence of cysts in the ovary.
3. In case, ovulation is affected, infertility can occur.

It is not advisable to stop the medication without consulting your treating doctor. I would suggest you to consult your physician regarding the discontinuation of medication and follow the advise.

I hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to forward your follow up questions or doubts if any.

Dr. Anvekar.