What are the usage of corn cap?

Reason for Corn Cap ?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 22 hours later
Thank you for writing to us.

Follow reasons for corn caps:
-Corn cap applied on a corn, helps in softening and thus loosening the skin that is present on top of a corn. A corn cap is applied for duration of 2 days, and once it is removed, we can peel of the skin present on top of the corn, and eventually the corn itself. For deep-seated corns, you might have to re-apply another corn cap. Most times, one corn cap is not sufficient for the successful removal of a corn, a maximum of 5 corn caps for each corn can be used.
-While walking, pressure on the corn can cause pain and/or discomfort, the corn cap (cushion like), helps take pressure off from the corn

Feel free to write back to me with any further clarifications. I would be glad to help.
Best wishes.
Follow-up: What are the usage of corn cap? 22 minutes later
Thank you Dr. Shoaib,

I have a corn on my right feet & am using corn cap for the past 3 days I haven't seen any difference

Kindly advance should I get it operated ?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Do not worry. As I mentioned, each corn cap can be used for a duration of 2 days. Some corns are deep-seated and tough, and require more than one corn cap. Use a maximum of 5 corn caps, which equal 10 days.

Even after this if you find no relief from corns, only then surgery could be considered. In the meantime, wear clean comfortable socks and shoes. Do not share your footwear with others.

You are most welcome. I wish you quick relief from corns, and a healthy life thereafter. Feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.