What are the underlying causes for bluish discoloration in my swollen toes?
User rating for this question
I jammed my small toe yesterday morning now all the toes and the entire foot and ankle is swollen and blue.
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: You will need x ray of foot. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case history. Swelling and discoloration is the signs of internal injuries of bone and soft tissue. We need X-ray of the affected foot to understand and analyse the extent of injury. I would order for this test right away if you were my patient. You can start anti-inflammatory pain killers that are available over the counter until you are able to get the X-rays done. Ice the affected area, keep the limb elevated and do not bear weight on it. You may apply crepe bandage over foot and ankle or use supportive splint. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- Have swollen finger toes and lips what is causing this
- Sore on right side of jaw line
- Is it normal to hear squelching in my heart as i breath out
- Symptoms of jaundice in 1 year olds
- Tiny lump where jaw line ends
- What makes jaw line sore
- What causes swollen toes with burning sensation
- What causes numbness swollen and painful toes
- What causes reditchy swollen toes every night
- Swollen vein on jaw line
- What is the cause for itchy swollen and painful toe
- Hurts to lay heel down
- Hifenac p dental pain
- Neck pain and a lump at base of scalp