What are the symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what are the emotional experiences of Thoracic Outlet syndrome.? Iam experiencing severe distress, along with bouts of irradic bloodflow to heart, headaches, numbing and weakness in right arm. Tremors of neck radiating down spine, lack of interest in eating. My neck is swollen and pulling to right which causes trouble in swallowing. Can't lift items- terrible anxiety in driving because of limitations.Becoming depressed, as this has been going on since the end of Oct. the doctors in Fl. are inadequate may have to move back to Ma. as the care is terrible.I am on Buspar for anxiety but this is not taking care of the ever looming incapacitation. Doing P.T. ,massage, marcaine injections, chiropractor the feeling of helplessness is overwhelming me.Can;t take antidepressants, causes suicidal thoughts or heart irregularity. Can't take anti-inflammatory severe stomach upset and bleeding.Have COMT which accentuates pain immensely.
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Symptoms detailed below. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The symptoms of thoracic outlet syndrome include neck, shoulder, and arm pain, numbness, or impaired circulation and flushed sensations to the extremities (causing discoloration). Often symptoms are aggravated when the arm is positioned above the shoulder or extended. The intermittent severe distress with erratic blood flow to the heart is not associated with this syndrome. This is more commonly related to anxiety.You may have tremors and swelling on the neck due to this. The emotional symptoms and depressive thoughts can be due to the multiple problems that you are having. Electrical tests, such as electromyogram (EMG) and somatosensory evoked responses will help in confirmation of the diagnosis. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL