What are the symptoms of knee injury prohibiting driving?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
what are the symptoms of a knee injury that would prohibit a person from driving
Posted Thu, 2 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pain, swelling, buising, instability. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The injury of the knee joint mainly any ligament injury needs complete rest for proper healing and driving should be avoided. The main symptoms that indicate a knee joint injury are pain, swelling, tenderness, bruising and reduced movement of your knee. Your knee joint may feel unstable and you may walk with a limp. The weight bearing on the knee will be painful. A popping sound, or a popping or snapping feeling at the time of injury can sometimes be heard if a ligament is completely torn. If you are not being able to use or move your knee normally then an internal injury to the knee joint structures needs to be ruled out after a proper examination. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL