What are the symptoms of herpes?
User rating for this question
Three years ago after kissing a female friend I felt like I was getting my first cold sore. It was similar to what I have read on the internet. I felt a tingling on my lip and a red spot developed. I felt a strange discomfort around the area. However, it never came to a head nor did it drain. The red spot never really went away either. There is still a faded red spot on my lip from that incident. Since then I got a couple more red spots develop on my lip. The second one did not tingle but it was uncomfortable around the area. I recently got another red spot that start similar to a pimple but it never went away. This time there was no pain or discomfort associated with it. I have been tested for herpes 1 and 2 on more than one occasion and the tests have always been negative. Do you have an idea as to what this could be and if there is a medication that would take away the red spots on my lips? I don't think that other people notice them but they are obvious to me.
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: photograph required Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Though your symptoms are suggestive of herpes but the description of lesions are not typical of herpes. In herpes lesions are water filled and all the lesions come together. Can you please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management. There is an option to upload photo on right side of query page. Please utilize it. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: What are the symptoms of herpes? 10 hours later
I am submitting a photo. The lesions are faint and do not show up well on the photo. However, the most recent one is fairly visible and is identified.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 hours later
Brief Answer: not herpes Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. Its not appearing like herpes. Probably it is a bacterial infection. Please apply a broad spectrum anti bacterial cream. Mupirocine cream will be best for you. Apply it twice daily for a week. You will get good response. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
People also viewed
- What could light bleeding post interourse suggest
- What are the side effects of addyzoa pills
- What are the symptoms for herpes infection
- How to get rid from skin itching
- Heavy bleeding after cyst removal can fibroids cause bleeding
- What is the best available treatment for acid reflux
- What are the symptoms of herpes sycosis
- Is there a medicine similar to cymbalta for fibromyalgia
- Getting rashes on hands and body how to remove this
- What are the symptoms of genital herpes?
- What are the symptoms of oral herpes
- What are the symptoms of herpes blisters
- Having vaginal lichen planus how to prevent it from recurring
- Can nyquil or benadryl cause hair loss
- Getting white spots on skin after mosquito bites cure