What are the symptoms of herpes blisters?

Question
hello doctor is this picture herpes? i have never had unprotected sex, although i have slept with prostitutes. i don't have any other associated symptoms with this. to me it just looks like a pimple. am i worrying about nothing, but if it is how soon after suspected exposure can i go and get tested? if you could not see picture please let me know. thank you
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Even to me it looks like pimple. Detailed Answer: Hello, Herpes blisters generally come in clusters and are filled with clear fluid.They are also associated with pain and irritation.This looks more like a pimple.I would suggest to wait and watch to see if this resolves on its own.If other lesions crop up or symptoms develop then only you will need to get this tested. Hope this helps regards.

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of herpes blisters? 2 hours later
thanks doctor, how about genital warts caused by hpv do you think it could be this?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: It doesn't look like a wart as well. Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. I will stick to possibility of simple pimple.No, it doesn't look like a wart as well. Regards

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of herpes blisters? 7 days later
hello doctor this pimple thing is still here, i have not had any other symptoms but i was wondering, could it be that this is herpes type 1 in my genitals?

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: can you post a recent photograph? Detailed Answer: Can you post a recent photograph?

Follow-up: What are the symptoms of herpes blisters? 17 minutes later
i posted new picture, sorry for quality

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: This doesn't look like herpes. Detailed Answer: I will stick to possibility of a simple pimple or blocked skin gland.It doesn't look like herpes blister.There is no surrounding inflammation as well. Herpes lesions appear in cluster and are associated with pain.I will suggest a primary visit to your doctor, this will help relieve your anxiety.If you are comfortable you can wait for few more days.But I dont see any reason to be concerned even if it persists.Regards.