What are the symptoms of diabetes?

Jul 2016

What are the symptoms of diabetes? I want to know what foods to avoid as a diabetic? What are the foods a diabetic should be eating?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There are n number of symptoms of Diabetes. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have type 2 Diabetes .Will you kindly post me your blood sugar levels done on empty stomach and Post lunch to know severity of diabetes. There are several symptoms that indicate a person may have Diabetes ,the symptoms depend upon the organ and system affected ,The most common symptoms are 1)Frequent urination especially at night 2)Increased thirst if you are urinating more you get dehydrated that leads to increase thirst. 3)Increased hunger - 4)Weakness and fatigue due to insulin deficiency leading to less production of energy. 5)Blurred vision due to involment of Retina . 6) Tinglling and numbness in hands and feet due to involvement 7) of peripheral nervous system.(Diabetic Neuropathy) 8) Dry itchy scaly skin due to involment of skin. 9)Infections,Diabetic person gets infection earlier than normal individuals due to increased susptibility of tissue to bacteria ,virus and fungus . 10) Delayed healing of wound any where in the body . These are the common symptoms of diabetes .One may get varied symptoms depending upon the involvement of organ or system that is affected Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.