What are the signs and symptoms of HIV?
User rating for this question
what are the signs of hiv?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Signs and Symptoms of HIV Detailed Answer: Hello, The signs and symptoms of HIV depends upon the individuals immunity and also the stage of the HIV infection. If you are recently exposed to known HIV positive person by any of these route like oral, vaginal or anal sex without any protection. Within 2-4 weeks many of the patients develops symptoms of acute retroviral syndrome (ARS), these symptoms are the response of the body immune system to the HIV infection. The symptoms of early HIV infection are Fever Swollen Lymph nodes and glands Sore throat Rash Easy Fatigability Generalized Myalgia (Body ache) Headache. But you should not decide that you have HIV with these symptoms, because other diseases can also present with same symptoms. Some people who are infected with HIV do not have any of these symptoms Only way to confirm your HIV status is by having HIV test for detection of HIV-1 p24 antigen as well as antibodies to both HIV-1 and HIV-2 in human blood. If you any further query, feel free to post the query Thank you.
People also viewed
- What are the findings from the hiv test
- What are the signs and symptoms of hiv
- What are the symptoms of hiv infection
- Do i drink water after taking zentel
- Is it possible to get hiv after kissing
- Post nasal drip after stopping smoking
- What does hiv 12ab non-reactive range non-reactive signify
- What are the observation from the hiv report
- What are the hiv symptoms
- Rash on face after drinkimg milk
- Hiv disease signs symptoms
- Leg pains after long driving journeys
- More thirsty after drinking water
- Why does antibody test negative even after 8 month
- Is a blocked nose a sign and symptom of hiv