What are the side effects of tizanidine?

Nov 2013

What are the side affects of tizanidine its a muscle relaxor

Hello is anyone going to ansewr this ? I asked it six days ago if i wanted to wait for an answer i would have made a doctors appointment!!!!
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 25 days later

Thank you for posting your query.

Tizanidine is a commonly used muscle relaxant and is a relatively safe drug. I use it in many people with spasticity due to stroke, stiffness & pain.

Side effects are reported only in a small proportion of people taking tizanidine. These include weakness, tiredness, sleepiness, fatigue, dry mouth and dizziness. All of these side effects occur in less than 5% of people taking the drug.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist