What are the side effects of smoking crystal meth while having chemotherapy ?

what are the side effects of smoking crystal meth while having chemotherapy treatments and is moderate drinking of alcohol okay?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Cancer
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 hours later

Thanks for your query ,

Smoking crystal meth (Methamphetamine) though do not have interactions with the chemotherapy agents but do aggravate the side effects of chemotherapy like hyperactivity, dilated pupils, flushing, restlessness, dry mouth, headache, tachycardia,diaphoresis, diarrhea, constipation, blurred vision, dizziness, twitching, insomnia, numbness, palpitations, arrhythmias,tremors, dry and/or itchy skin, acne, pallor, convulsions etc

Yes, moderate drinking is ok , butter to be avoided as the alcohol and many of the chemotherapeutic agents do get metabolised in liver and can cause load on the liver resulting into hepatitis.

Also I would suggest you to quit smoking meth slowly as it has very serious effects on the body causing various physical and psychological effects.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.