What are the side effects of folic acid?
User rating for this question
is there any side effect for folic acid tablet?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Usually well tolerated. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Folic acid is a vitamin that helps in preventing neural tube defects in the baby. It is a water soluble vitamin and is very well tolerated with minimal side effects and well proven clinical effects. In few cases it might cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, stomach upset, behavior changes, skin reactions, etc. In case you have any such side effects then do consult your gynecologist for dosage adjustments. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of hematinic with folic acid?
- Loose motion after intercourse
- How to use piramal pregnancy test kit
- Procare pregnancy test how long
- Nursing interventions for h mole after operation
- Im having menstral after each intercourse
- Velocity pregnancy test kit how to use
- Folic acid side effects women
- Spotting the morning after intercourse
- Prescription folic acid side effects
- How to increase liquor in pregnancy
- What are the side effects of iron and folic acid?
- Why pee after intercourse
- Side effect of Folic acid
- How serious is mild iugr