What are the side effects of folic acid?
User rating for this question
is there any side effect for folic acid tablet?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Usually well tolerated. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. Folic acid is a vitamin that helps in preventing neural tube defects in the baby. It is a water soluble vitamin and is very well tolerated with minimal side effects and well proven clinical effects. In few cases it might cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, rash, sleep disorders, irritability, confusion, nausea, stomach upset, behavior changes, skin reactions, etc. In case you have any such side effects then do consult your gynecologist for dosage adjustments. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
People also viewed
- What are the side effects of hematinic with folic acid?
- Hard bump on gums from chewing tobacco
- Is journey by bus or car ok during pregnancy
- Newborn bumped head on corner
- Large hard movable bump on shaft
- Folic acid side effects women
- Prescription folic acid side effects
- Is pregnancy possible in this case
- Hi am i pregnant or not need to know
- I missed pills and no period am i pregnant
- What are the side effects of iron and folic acid?
- Small cluster bumps shaft
- Side effect of Folic acid
- I am having a brownish purplish discharge am i pregnant
- Symptoms of high bun creatinine ratio