What are the side effects of Primulot Depot for female offspring?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
what are the side effects of Primulot Depot particularly to femail offspring
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 12 hours later

I have gone through your query. You would like to know the side effects on female offspring when a pregnant mother receives primolut depot in the back ground of cervical and uterine cancer.

These drugs are safe.

Some side effects like menstrual disturbances, weight gain have been reported by some women. Rarely on the female offspring virilization (i.e. unusual hair growth) may occur, if the pregnant woman has taken these drugs in the first trimester of pregnancy. I have not seen such cases personally in my clinical practice though.

Hope this suffices. Should you have any other queries; I will be available to address them. Do accept the answer if you do not have any further queries.

With regards