What are the risks associated with breast cyst in men?

My grandson is a teenager. Recently he has been diagnosed with irregular mass in breast. His pcp recommend go to surgery specialist. What are the risks???? What is this diagnosis?? Thank you
Posted Thu, 13 Feb 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Breast cyst in male, no risks as such sir/ma'am Detailed Answer: Hello sir/ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The diagnosis could most probably be a breast cyst, which is a harmless sac filled with fluid, and it can be either benign or cancerous. But the exact histology (i.e. whether it is benign or cancerous) can only be predicted after a biopsy examination of the tissue sample. There are no risks as such sir/ma'am, just an extra growth that in most cases can be successfully removed. I hope you find my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.