What are the risk of radiation during a CT scan?

My doctorwants me to get CT scan. I understand that there is a lot of radition involved. Do I need to be concerned?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Guru 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Refer below Detailed Answer: This depends on case to case basis and cannot be generalized. Patients and their referring physicians should discuss the risks of a CT scan, as well as the risks of not having the CT scan that is potentially compromising an accurate diagnosis. Hi, Thanks for consulting HealthcareMagic! If there is need based on physical examination and history, then it is indicated. There is little risk of radiation but should also keep in mind that what would be the consequences if the diagnosis is delayed. Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied, you may now close the discussion and rate the answer. If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows: Wish you good health!