What are the reasons for severe cramps in pelvis?

Hi, I have been experiencing moderate to sometimes severe cramp feelings in my pelvis for over two months. It worsens at night and isn't fixed with otc pain medications. My period ended only 7 days ago so I don't think it's ovulation pains yet and I just heard back from my gyn that my pap and ultrasound revealed nothing. My gyn doctor now wants me to see a G.I. doctor to rule those issues out but that doesn't feel right. Help.......
Posted Thu, 26 Dec 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: I would agree with your Gynecologist opinion Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Ms , I would suggest you to rule out Urinary tract infection as cause of pain by getting urine microscopic examination. Sometimes even Constipation and inadequate evacuation of bowel may also lead to crampy pelvic pain. I would agree with your Gynecologist in asking for Gastrointestinal opinion. All pelvic pain may not always be due to Uterus and ovaries. Would suggest you to go ahead with the opinion as it will help in thorough evaluation if your symptoms from the doctor who is specialist in that field. I hope it helped Get back to me if you have any other query and need further assistance,will be glad to assist you. Take care Wishing you healthy and happy life Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS,MD