What are the problems related to schamberg disease?

Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to provide a few more details so that I can help you in a better way:
1) How long has it been there?
2) What complains are you having? Discolouration/itching?
3) Have you tried any treatment? What was the response?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What are the problems related to schamberg disease? 3 minutes later
i have this problem from last one year
i got treatment from ganagram hospital but the recommednd me to take vitamin c that it and cream to apply but no positive response yet found .i have send you my picture of feet discolourtaion nad develop itching when comes in sunlight exposure. no now from 6 month no treatrment is going on ............some docter say for bioscopy.
Thanks for the details,
The pictures that you have sent suggest that your illness could be Schamberg Disease. In this disease the blood vessels are friable and cause leakage of RBCs which lead to red discoloration and itching. Your dermatologist is right in suggesting that it doesn't have any specific treatment. Vit C is useful in certain cases but is not definitive. Infact Vit k has also been shown to show improvement.
There are certain treatments which certain patients have found useful and are on experimental level.
1) Pentoxifylline
2) PUVA treatment
3) Aminophtone
4) Colchcine
5) Narrowband UVB therapy
6) Vascular Laser treatment
7) Advanced Flurosceine technology
8) Cortisone cream.
Of all the treatment protocols mentioned Pentoxifylline is the most commonly reported. May be next time when you visit your dermatologist, you can discuss this treatment modality along with PUVA treatment which is non-invasive.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.