What are the precautions I need to take to avoid headache or migraine?

what are the precautions i need to take to avoid headache/ migraine?
Is there any remedies to avoid it?
what are medicines helps me to stay away from migraine?
Posted Sun, 12 Aug 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 56 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Migrane is an throbbing type of headache.

The exact reason of this is not known but is the result of abnormal brain activity.

Migrane attacks are recurrent and are triggered by many factors.

So i advice you to avoid Bright lights, loud noises,strong odors or perfumes
Physical or emotional stress,Change in sleep patterns and irregular sleep, Smoking, Skipping meals, Alcohol and certain foods such as chocolate, nuts, peanut butter.

Every person has different trigger ,so you should see which things causes attack to you ,and maintain a diary and note down them.

This will help you to prevent recurrent attacks.

You are already on Dart ,which contain analgesics, if your symptoms are not relieved with this then consult your doctor and discuss about changing your medicines.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: What are the precautions I need to take to avoid headache or migraine? 6 minutes later
yes, I have observed myself.
I usually get pain in cloudy days with less temperature and on rainy days. These conditions are not controlled by me, so what should I do in such conditions?
I don't want to continue the pain killers. Is there any medicines which can cure me?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 34 minutes later
Good to hear from you.

If you don't want to take too many painkillers then you can try some alternate methods, but cant assure you .

You can try meditation, yoga hot/cold compression, tight band around your head. applying euclaptyus oil, peppermint oil, diet XXXXXXX in vitamins etc..

Till now there are no effective remedies to cure migrane, you can try above methods so that it reduces the duration of attacks.

Most important thing is avoid stress and don't think too much about this.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: What are the precautions I need to take to avoid headache or migraine? 3 minutes later
Thank you for answering my questions.
I will try those remedies.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 3 minutes later

Hope these remedies work for you.