What are the pink patches on my belly?

Hi, I have several pink patches that appeared around my belly recently. They do not itch but I don't know what they are and if they may be something serious. Please see attached photo. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: acute urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Probably you are suffering from acute urticaria. It is an allergic condition and is usually itchy but sometimes can be non itchy too. I could not find attached image. Please upload it now. Its important to see the lesions for giving a proper diagnosis. There is an option to upload photos on right side of query page, please utilize that. Thank you.
Follow-up: What are the pink patches on my belly? 6 hours later
I have attached a photo to this email. Would greatly appreciate it if you can provide me with a detailed/specific as possible answer in order to try to understand what condition I may have. Thank you. Best, Alex
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Hemangiomas Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the photograph. These lesions are hemangiomas. They are dialated blood vessels. There is nothing serious about these lesions and can be left as such. If you want to get them removed, it can be done easily using pulsed XXXXXXX LASER. Please meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding this. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Follow-up: What are the pink patches on my belly? 33 minutes later
Hi, Thank you for your answer. I understand that hemangiomas usually develop at birth, these patches on the photographs just appeared a few days ago. One or two on my back I've had for months. Just wanted to make sure that you have this info, in order to evaluate the photo. Thank you, Alex
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hi Not all hemangiomas are present since birth. They can develop at any time. The one you are having are called as cherry angiomas. They are usually well defined as few of your lesions, but can even present as a small red patch. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you