What are the medical option for treating moderately severe narrowing in the LAD?
User rating for this question
I have just had an angiogram which show moderately severe narrowing in the LAD (more than one). What are the medical options open to me to treat this condition?
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the sugestion below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your concern and would like to say: - Depending from the localisation of the narrowing in the LAD and from their numbers are two optional choice. 1. Coronary Angioplasty and stents (percutaneous coronary intervention, PCI). 2. Coronary artery Bypass graft surgery (CABG, heart bypass, bypass surgery). But I have to say that the choice (which strategy is the best for you) should be based on the angiography results. If it's possible to you can I have the results of angiography, so I will be able to suggest the proper strategy. - However what's option is choose, there are two more cornerstone in the treatment of Ischemic heart disease. This are important in decreasing mortality rates and increasing quality of life. Their positive effect is essential before and after intervention. 1. Change in life style. 2. Proper medical therapy. So I strongly recommend a healthy life style and a proper cardiac medication including; Betablockers, aspirin, statins, ACE-i. Looking forward to have the results as requested. Dr.Benard.
People also viewed
- Lemon juice and metoprolol
- Should i be weened off of isosorbide mononitrate
- When i smoke weed my bladder
- Severe infection in teeth what are treatment options
- Shoulder blades pop and stops breathing
- Jugular vein toddler
- What is mild to moderate neural foraminal narrowing
- Treatment for thick bladder wall
- Sore right breast and right shoulder blade
- Moderately severe foraminal narrowing
- What are the options for treating nerve pain
- Blocked sinuses linked with shoulder blade pain
- Can you live a normal life with palpitations
- Can i do a sauna while on lisinopril
- Moderate left recess narrowing