What are the lumps around my abdomen?

Hello Doctor, I have many lumps in my body (hands & legs) for many years and last year at Apollo bangalore (Helath check), they told me it is lipoma. Few years back when I checked with a doctor in New Delhi, he told they are neurofibromas. In the recent past, I am observing many new lumps around abdomen and at side of the ribs. I am a bit worried with these new lumps and would like to consult a doctor or hosiptal in bangalore, India to know more about my health condition and to confirm whether it is lipoma or some cancerous lumps. Your valuable suggestion would help me in leading a better life. Thanks, Surendra
Posted Thu, 6 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Both common. Will not affect your quality of life. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Both lipoma and Neurofibroma are common benign swellings. Both are very very rarely turn into tumor or cancerous lumps. It is difficult to differentiate the both of the lumps without any physical examination. Further some times Biopsy of the lump and Histopathological examination may be needed to differentiate whether it is a lipoma or Neurofibroma. Either Lipoma or Neurofibroma will not affect your quality of life. if Possible please check the images in internet and compare the both. Please upload a photo like the one in internet. It will be helpful for me differentiate the both and help you to come out. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.