What are the long term effects of crestor?
User rating for this question
i am a 65 year old female......no medications currently being taken. A well check up with a new doctor recently.....blood work shows that my blood work suggests that I should be taking Crestor. the side effects on line are awful.........i am scared to start taking long term medications........i feed i should wait as long as possible.......second opinion please.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You should start taking medicine. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX Tablet Crestor is advised in cases of dyslipidemia.Probably your blood report showed altered lipid profile so your doctor has advised this medicine. Tablet Crestor helps in reducing elevated cholesterol and triglyceride level.These lipid causes multisystemic effects on various body organs so it must be kept in normal range. Crestor has few side effects but it can be manged.By not taking medicines has far more complications as compared to few side effects of this drug.Side effects are not universal in all persons.Some people have no side effects at all. The most common side effects of rosuvastatin are headache,nausea,vomiting, diarrhea and muscle pain. Most serious side effects are liver failure,muscle breakdown(rhabdomyolysis) and kidney failure.You should have follow up LFT,RFT after four weeks to see any side effects.If necessary dose can be decreased or changed depending upon reports. But at this time you should start medicine and any decision can't be taken without starting medicine. You shouldn't wait and you should follow your doctor advice. Beside medicine you need to change your life style and diet. You should increase your physical activity and do walking. You should avoid saturated and trans fat,red meat,high fat milk products. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX
People also viewed
- Feel uneasy and gassy after eating
- Chances of contracting hiv after protected sex
- Developed large floater in eye eye pain used polysporin serious
- Side effects of discontinuing crestor
- What are the long term effects of crestor
- My talktalk speed test
- Chest sore after fallingno broken ribs treatment
- Ginkgo effect on crestor
- Herbal remedies for hypertension
- Alteplase dosing for stroke
- What are the side effects of crestor?
- Congestive heart failure prognosis
- Is femilon recommended for cyst in ovaries
- Postural blood pressure measurement
- Crestor side effect diverticulosis