What are the functions of vitamins and supplements in our body?
User rating for this question
What vitamins or supplements have good science behind them? Which of them do you take?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You require antioxidants for your age. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic Vitamins are essential micro nutrients required for normal functioning of our body. There are many vitamins and each have got there different function which is essential for normal functioning. The vitamins are vitamin A which is required for healthy dyes and skin. Vitamin D required for healthy bones. Vitamin C and E required for antioxidant action. Vitamin K required for blood clotting. Vitamin B complex required for metabolism. Along with these vitamins essential micro nutrients and minerals like calcium, iron ,magnesium.... are required. The requirements if these depend on the age, body requirements, per existing diseases and so many factors. Since you are aged 65 years the important requirements are antioxidants and calcium to prevent age related problems. Multivitamins and miners when taken more than required can cause toxicity and can lead to medical problems. Hence taking them in more dose or unnecessarily can be harmful. Hence they have to be taken under medical supervision. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
People also viewed
- What supplements did buffie the body use
- Supplements vitamins cipralex
- Symptoms of dacryoadenitis
- Vitamin d supplements and microalbumin
- Are nausea symptoms of bile reflux?
- Symptoms of crao
- Can hypercalcemia cause confusion?
- Can bladder cancer cause back pain?
- Thickening of uterus vitamin supplements
- Symptoms of macular disease
- What are the symptoms of broken nose?
- What vitamin supplements be taken for the hair loss
- Symptoms of walking disorder
- What are the symptoms of menopause?
- Symptoms of repetitive vaginal infections