What are the functions of vitamins and supplements in our body?
User rating for this question
What vitamins or supplements have good science behind them? Which of them do you take?
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Vitamins
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You require antioxidants for your age. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to health care magic Vitamins are essential micro nutrients required for normal functioning of our body. There are many vitamins and each have got there different function which is essential for normal functioning. The vitamins are vitamin A which is required for healthy dyes and skin. Vitamin D required for healthy bones. Vitamin C and E required for antioxidant action. Vitamin K required for blood clotting. Vitamin B complex required for metabolism. Along with these vitamins essential micro nutrients and minerals like calcium, iron ,magnesium.... are required. The requirements if these depend on the age, body requirements, per existing diseases and so many factors. Since you are aged 65 years the important requirements are antioxidants and calcium to prevent age related problems. Multivitamins and miners when taken more than required can cause toxicity and can lead to medical problems. Hence taking them in more dose or unnecessarily can be harmful. Hence they have to be taken under medical supervision. Hope I have answered your query. Thank you
People also viewed
- What supplements did buffie the body use
- Tab nurokind plus
- Supplements vitamins cipralex
- Why is afenac p tablets used
- Vitamin d supplements and microalbumin
- Taking supplements before going to gym good or bad?
- Thickening of uterus vitamin supplements
- What vitamin supplements be taken for the hair loss
- Goosebumps cause bowel movement
- Can cerazette cause increased bowel movements
- Letsi tablet why it is used
- Cashew nuts causes bowel
- Brown flaky bowel movement
- What causes small bowel erosion
- Use of of nurokind lc/nurokind plus tablet