What are the findings from the stool test?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hi I am XXXX, my age is 30 . Today I have done stool test and below is finding Blood -: Present Occult blood -: Negative Reaction -: Alkaline Pus Cells -: 1-2 hpf RBCs -: Occasional/hpf Ova -: Absent Cyst -: Nil Others -: Nil
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Presence of blood requires investigation Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing in XXXXXXX The report has to be correlated to symptoms if there are any. Presence of XXXXXXX blood suggests a local cause in the region of the anus. Common causes are 1. fissure in ano 2. piles. 3. malignancy. The correct approach would be to get yourself examined by a general surgeon in order to ascertain the source of blood. The examination should include digital examination followed by proctoscopic examination.If these are negative then a colonoscopy would be advisable. I hope this answers your doubt. Regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 3 minutes later
Is there any serious that I should be worry

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nothing to worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, If you are asymptomatic then there may not be any reason to worry. It may at times be related to a change in dietary habits that is eating red meat or spicy food stuffs. I hope this answers your doubt. Regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 7 minutes later
Hi , Can talk with you on phone now?

Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes. You can speak with me now. regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 4 minutes later
Please provide me your number?

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: mob no. Detailed Answer: Hi, Mobile 0000 Regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 2 hours later
hi Can I call you again , Please provide me your number , 0000 number is getting switch off

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes. Regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 44 hours later
Hi Dr XXXXXXX Just now I spoke with you. Please find my endoscopy Report detail Premedication Esophagus -: Normal OG Junction -: 36cms , LES-N Stomach : Fundus : Normal Body : SEHS Antrum : Subepithelial Haemorghagic Spots Pylorus : Normal Duodenum D1 : Normal D2 : Normal Biopsy : Not Taken Impression : Haemorgagic Gastritis Is this report normal ? Will Haemorgagic Gastritis causes blood is stool

Brief Answer: Dietary modifications and medications. Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for writing in with the report.The report does not reveal any worrisome condition. The report makes a mention of gastritis. i would advise the following measures for it. 1. Dietary modification that is avoiding spicy foods. 2. Increasing the intake of natural antacids.These include bananas and cucumbers. 3. Sparacid suspension in the dose of 1 tablespoon three times a day after meals. I hope this answers you doubt. Regards

Follow-up: What are the findings from the stool test? 2 days later
hi Doctor , I have medicine given by doctor and it for 14 days. Antibiotics tablets are in course. Today I found black particular in stool which was sticky even my stool is also sticky. Is this because of Medicine or Haemorgagic Gastritis.? I want talk with you let me when I can call you please

Brief Answer: Antacids necessary. Detailed Answer: Hi, I would suggest that in addition to the antibiotic course you also take a course of antacids namely rantac tablets (one tablet twice a day for 14 days) That will help heal the gastritis component. Regards