What are the findings from the liver ultrasound report?

My ultrasound report says following about Liver : enlarged in size (16.2 cm) with bright echotexture. No focal parenchymal lesion seen. no evidence of intrahepatic bilinary radicle dilation. portal vein and hepatic veins appear normal, Impression : Mild fatty Hepatomegaly . No focal lesion. - - Is it serios ? what are the ways to seek treatment
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief answer..given below Detailed answer... Hello, Thanks for the query. Although mild fatty liver is very commonly seen in general population and sometimes one is not able to find the cause also.However there can be many other reasons for it. There are two types of fatty liver. Alcoholic fatty liverĀ  Non alcoholic fatty liver. Alcoholic fatty liver is caused by over consumption of alcohol while non alcoholic fatty liver is caused by various factored like high cholesterol,high triglycerides,diabetes,obesity,malnutrition,viral hepatitis,certain medications like herbal preparations etc,rapid weight loss etc. Although there is nonspecific treatment for fatty liver but following measures are employed... Quit alcohol. Reduce weight Do regular exercises Control of diabetes,high cholesterol and triglycerides Avoid junk foods,greasy and fatty foods etc Take more of fresh fruits and green vegetables Drink plenty of water. In general this problem is not serious. However a fatty liver can progress to liver cirrhosis in some cases,if proper care not taken. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks