What are the findings from the liver function test of a HBsAg carrier?

I'm a HBsAg carrier. This is my latest LFT report. Attached the report. Could anyone explain it?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Deatils Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Welcome to XXXXXXX You are known HBsAg Carrier , means you have Chronic Hepatitis B. In this LFT report, I can see that your AST and ALT levels are raised, means the disease activity is there. This can be compared to your previous LFT reports. Good thing is that your albumin levels are normal. So, liver is functioning well in that respect. The following investigations may be taken to know the extent of disease: 1. Ultrasound Abdomen To see for Liver Size and Echotexture. 2. HBV DNA Load. 3. Liver Biopsy to see the extent of inflammation. 4. Upper GI Endoscopy to see for Varices. 5. Coagulation Profile. With no second thought, you need treatment. And a perfect treatment can be planned , after the results of these investigations. With a successful treatment, your ALT / AST would settle down, your DNA Load will become undetectable. In fact, you might also clear off the Hepatitis B infection from the body. And you may become HBsAg negative. I hope I am able to solve your query, still if you have any query, you may ask me.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the liver function test of a HBsAg carrier? 1 hour later
Thank you for your response. Attached my previous year reports. Last year the reaction was very less and I was told there is no treatment required. At the same time the virus cannot be removed/made negative from my body. I will have the other tests done. What kind of treatment is required to start?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. I have reviewed your reports. I don't know why your doctor said , no treatment is required. I suggest you to meet a gastroenterologist nearby your place , he can also do your liver biopsy if other reports suggests it's needed. I am not saying that your virus will definitely get eliminated, but chances are there with treatment. In fact if you don't even clear off the virus, at least it's progression will slow down. Treatment is in the form of drugs like Lamivudine, entecavir. But decision would be based on investigations. I hope your query is solved, if you don't have any further query, you may please close the discussion and rate it. Regards.
Follow-up: What are the findings from the liver function test of a HBsAg carrier? 10 minutes later
Thanks for your prompt response. I will definitely consult a doctor with the other tests that you recommended. One last query, how long the medication need to be taken (at least an average time), to reduce the effect?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: Depends on investigations Detailed Answer: Dear Friend It would depend on your investigations and the response to treatment. I really can't state that without seeing your reports. Once you get the reports you can send a direct query on my name with attached reports. I will certainly reply to you. If you are satisfied with my answer, don't forget to give me a 5 star rating and write a review. Good luck friend.